Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ballerina Princess Crown

I decided that I better stop procrastinating and get to work finishing my daughter's Halloween costume. Since she LOVES tutus I decided that she should be a ballerina princess this year. I made the ballerina tutu almost a month ago but I never got around to making her crown. I got to work on Sunday and I was able to finish it in 20 minutes. I followed the tutorial for Ariel's Crown, with some slight changes.


Since my headband was black, you can't see it from my pictures though, I used the same purple ribbon from the tutu to wrap around the headband. I had a bunch of left over tutu strips so I just used those for the veil. I bought a stack of foam at the dollar store, it was a good price but it was really thin. I added some cardboard from a cereal box in the middle of the crown to give it more support. I then used my glue gun to stick the crown to the headband. I might go back and add some jewels to the crown to give it more pizzazz, not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment