- Does your kitchen sick drain smell? Squeeze one half to one whole (depending on how bad the smell is) lemon down each drain and rinse with a little water. That will take care of the smell.
- Did you know that lemon is a natural bleach? Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the wash cycle to brighter up those fading whites.
- Juice your lemons and put the juice in an ice tray in the freezer. Once frozen store your lemon cubes in a freezer bag. Thaw a lemon cube whenever you need lemon juice for cooking. You can also make lemonade by placing one lemon cube in a glass full of water with some sugar.
- Stop apples and pears from browning by squeezing a little lemon juice over them. You can also stop your avocado from turning brown by giving it a lemon bath. Fill a bowl with water and add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Place the avocado in the lemon water for a couple of minutes.
- Get rid of any grater residue by going over both sides of the grater with the pulp side of a cut lemon.
- Remove stains from your cutting board by rubbing/squeezing a lemon half on the surface. Wait for 20 minutes before washing.
- Get rid of sun spots by rubbing a little bit of lemon juice on them everyday
Monday, October 25, 2010
For the Love of Lemons
My mother is lucky enough to have a couple of lemon trees that produce a lot of fruit every year. Unfortunately she has so many lemons she couldn't possibly use them all so she gives me lemons by the bag full. What could I possibly use all those lemons for you might ask? Well...